08 January 2015

Grateful




I’m grateful for the wrong ones
Made me appreciate the right ones
There are so many things in life that I should be grateful for. On top of the list is my family who are always there to support and love me no matter what. They are the source of my strength and the reason why I say "I CAN." There are friends who, even amidst distance and hectic schedules, never fail to make me feel that I belong and that they have my back.

I should be grateful for the people who once belittled my ambitions - because of them, I was able to push myself, climb the once seemingly impossible high walls towards my dreams, and most importantly motivated me to stay focused. There are also those who I thought were friends at the start, only to realize that they are an army who will bring me down at the end - I am thankful I have encountered them as well.



I’m grateful for the pain
For everything that made me break
I’m thankful for all my scars
‘Cause they only made my heart
It is not everyday that we encounter hardships - those that would break our hearts and make us mad - but I am grateful I have experienced them all. In hindsight, only after every battle do I realize that I am as pliant as a bamboo; only then do I feel like a warrior, tired as I maybe, but determined to finish the battle no matter how wounded I was.
A lot of battles left me battered and bruised
Even if I was wounded, feeling defeated, and close to surrendering - I know it has a purpose. I believe that what is happening is part of the bigger picture, which at the moment may seem incomprehensible. I have faith that everything indeed happens for a reason and that I am an instrument. No matter what it was, I am serving my purpose.
I’m proud of every tear, ’cause they got me here
I really appreciate all the hardships for I am stronger after every struggle. Moreover, I would not last this long if not for the lessons of endurance those encounters taught me.
I count my blessings, count my blessings, yeah
After everything,  I am grateful for all the people,  the good and the bad things that has happened, the lessons learned, the realizations, the hope. There are indeed many things to be grateful for! 

0 Comments: