There is no better time than now, I said.
I spoke with my manager and told him I was absolutely sure about my decision and that I intended to stay until the end of the next month. And here we are—my last day. I would have stayed longer, honestly. I wasn’t even thinking of leaving so soon!
But the Universe has its ways of shaking me off. It started with small stones, and when I didn’t budge, it threw rocks as big as my courage and strengths combined. The weight became unbearable. I was exhausted—not just physically but mentally and emotionally. The personal battles I was fighting began to affect my performance at work, and I didn’t want that. I didn’t want the pang of guilt that lingered each night, whispering that I was falling short. It’s a heavy feeling, one that leaves you questioning your worth. I knew I needed to unburden myself to breathe again—but how? How do you let go of responsibilities when people are counting on you?
Then, the Universe threw me another curveball. My husband needed urgent medical attention. The weight I was already carrying grew heavier, and it felt like everything was closing in. In that hospital room, after hearing the doctor’s advice, it hit me. I had to leave my job—not because I wanted to, but because I needed to. I needed to be present for my family. I needed to be able to run personal errands without guilt, to have the mental space to heal and help my loved ones heal too.
Of course, I’d thought of other options. I could have asked for an extended leave, but I didn’t want my colleagues to carry the extra load in my absence. It wouldn’t have felt right. I could have stayed until June 1st to mark a full 10 years in the workforce—a milestone I had been so close to achieving. But life had other plans, and sometimes, you have to answer when it calls.
I’m incredibly grateful for the people I’ve worked with. My manager has supported me from the beginning, and I’ll always be thankful for his understanding and encouragement. My peers and colleagues—they’ve been more than coworkers; they’ve been friends. Their kindness made this decision feel lighter, as if they were helping me carry it.
So, what’s next? Family and friends keep asking me that.
“I’ll figure it out,” I say.
Thank you, MSCI, from the bottom of my heart.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment