10 December 2015

December

What is it about this time of the year
Is it the coolness of the air
Parties to attend to, laughter never ends...
Sometimes I dread that you'd come, because my schedule will be full from the 1st, and most of the time until the first week of January. I hate that I cannot have time to be alone with myself and I cannot paint and do my stuff, but I also thank you for bringing family and friends together.



I am disconnected with the people around me almost all the time, then you come along and you reconnect me to the rest of the world. You always make it a point that I don't ditch scheduled dinners and meet-ups because, oh well, this is the only time we will all be available! You, more often than not, teach me to be patient because of the traffic jam you cause, the frantic shopping spree people succumb into, the rush that your wind have.

You bring out the best in us: it's the period when we'd dress up to attend parties after parties, never ending soirees, dinner dates, and meet ups with friends and relatives whom we'd lost touch during the past months.

You never fail to make us feel like millionaires for a month. We can buy everything we want because of the markdowns and sale so often made during the period. And we can eat out almost every day without being guilty.

Forgotten what its like to be a child
To list down all my dreams
Sit on your lap, are you still listening?
Cause when you get older life gets colder
You also make me miss my childhood days. When all I'd worry about was the dress I'd wear to my class Christmas party. When I didn't have the responsibility of buying gifts and attending the never ending meet up the grown ups had. When we still had mom to take care of everything for us. You make me nostalgic and bitter at the same time.

I'd want to let you pass by so quickly because of all the frenzy you cause, but I want to hold on to the memories you bring with you and the happiness you bring into people's lives.

0 Comments: