06 June 2016

Remember Why




I easily get distracted when things are presented to me - even when I am in the middle of doing or thinking about an important thing. For some reason, I get excited whenever there's a new thing or idea. It usually starts with curiosity, then I want to immerse into it deeper, deeper, deeper, into the deepest depth it could lead me to. Then I forget about the thing that which I was previously doing or thinking, I see another sparkling idea, and the cycle goes on. This may be the reason why I don't finish anything on schedule. It's a nightmare, you see. I always start. I go into it until almost the end, but then again, an idea would strike me and BOOM! See you when I see you. LOL. 

I've been battling this since I discovered this is the way my brain operates, I try to be more conscious especially when I am about to leave the premises of the first idea. I write it all down. I scribble, I doodle, I paint. So I can remember. So I may never forget why. Why did I start? Why am I doing this? Why is it important? 

So in order to move forward and finish it, I have to remember why.

0 Comments: