28 October 2018

OUR INVITATION



Invitations are a prelude and introduction to a wedding. It's important that it sets a tone for the guests who will receive such piece of paper, and you know that I  was giddy about creating the invitations for our own wedding! 

Since we really wanted our invites to exude simplicity, class, and elegance, we opted to have it on our main colors: black and gold. I started with the design around end of 2017 and just developed it along the way. I was able to finalize it by around July 2018 and it was ready to hit the printers by August 2018, in time for sending out to our guests. Ideally, invites should be sent out within two to three months prior to the event to give ample time for guests to RSVP and confirm attendance. In our case, we had two months and the last month was spent confirming with invitees if they can make it or not. Honestly, this part of wedding planning was the most challenging for me as I cannot control the outcome. I can just hope for the best. 

Anyway, here is a photo of our invitation. The size was not your regular inserts, I wanted it to be longer so I made it 4x9" and gold stamped at the borders for a sleek and elegant look. I also made a wax seal but not your usual round one, I had it cut to match the hexagon border to make it sharp and stand out from the black envelope. 

0 Comments: