22 April 2015

Worlds Change and People Become Heroes


There are times when people come into my life and events unfold after which I see my world spinning madly, literally like a globe except that I am watching it from a third-person perspective as if observing myself examining everything that is happening.

Because of this person I met, I am awakened anew with consciousness of constantly creating and the importance of suffusing one's life with art, as if to elevate it from the routine of waking up and going to bed. In fact, a lot happens in between those two periods. Worlds change and people become heroes.



I met P a couple of months ago in someone's wake. I found her nicely different. Fast forward to this month and we, along with MJ, got together and ended up in a bar somewhere in Ortigas. There, we talked about using the framework of songwriting on a (photographic) narrative, documentary photography and writing. They are more on writing, not painting so it was a breather. We talked about specific dream projects and how to go about doing them. That night, everything was possible. We were heroes of our own aspirations charging through the world with our idealism and our love for culture and art. We ended up taking her to UP Los Banos, which is an hour away from Manila, where she lives. I can't remember the way we took going there, you really cannot trust me with directions. Hahahaha.

The day after, I was left with a blank one-page with which to lay out my dream project. I am also left with the courage I am too shy to touch and put into action. I am left to think and think deeply, to plan and set my courage loose so I can execute my dream.

After a gig where I accompanied MJ, when we were on the way back to Makati, I kept thinking about someone I used to be friends with and wondered if she still lives in Los Banos. I looked for her in the streets and in every passing vehicle and public transportation. I surveyed every face I came across and remembered our conversations. I also remembered sharing our visions and poetry with one another. We shared our life so willingly back then. We lost touch. Just like that. I don't know who disappeared from our friendship first. Before falling asleep in the car when we finally made it, I thought about the value of looking back. However, not too much.

The world changes; people become heroes of their own future.

0 Comments: