25 May 2015

Sun Shy


With some strangers! Hahahaha!
Summer is ending already! It started raining two days ago, pero ambon lang naman! So naalala ko yung pinakamasaya so far na vacation. :) 


For this year, I spent my summer vacation with two of my friends + their friends who eventually became my friends as well, in Boracay. It was a short vacation because we had some work to do, but it was good. No, it was great! Never thought my lola-ness will go away for some time and I'd really enjoy being on my feet dancing and singing the whole night. As in the whole night! It was the most memorable bar hopping I have ever done yet.  But it was really tiring!


We joined March 23 Boracay Pub Crawl (sub title: Turn Strangers into Friends) and never expected anything out of it - maybe just the normal bar hopping. I never did any research about the event, but I had pretty much an idea of how the night will go. It turned out, it was not as expected! We were joined by 90+ other people there, some are in groups of 3 to 6 or so, and there were also others who came alone. The main goal is to get drunk and get to know as many people as possible after the event. We even had this drink-with-a-stranger-and-look-into-his/her-eyes-while-your-arms-are-linked thing, but as lola as I may get, I grabbed my friend and pretended she's a stranger. LOL!


The Group!

Boracay Pub Crawlers, 23 May 2015

There were five bars and we were given a stub for each bar so we can get our free drinks. I'm not much of a drinker. Uhm, I am not really a drinker, so I schemed a technique wherein I'd swap my free drink to water or soda or juice if possible. Which didn't work because the bartenders won't let me, then we'd get the free drinks from our facilitators from time to time. Good thing the shots were not that strong and my friends said it was only about 3% alcohol (which is the bar's technique so that pub crawlers will buy more drink). I never got drunk by the way, I had water pretty much the whole night, and sprite. Think I was clever. Hahaha.

I remember at the second bar, I asked the bartender for water, then the guy beside me chuckled and told his pal, "Pare, water daw!" with matching mocking laughter. I just ignored him laughing at me for ordering water. I don't care anyway. Hahaha.

So we danced all night to the best song ever. Okay, maybe not the best songs - I probably have a more updated and pretty playlist, but whatever. :) We gained some friends - Ghel and Rhon, who are barkadas and both working abroad (Kuwait and SG, respectively) and it was their first time as well as pub crawlers. We danced the night away, and screamed, and shouted, and the people around me smelled of alcohol and sweat and smoke. But it was a good experience, I must say.

I never got drunk but I got really TIRED, so did my friends. Kami na yung sumusuko everytime lilipat sa ibang bar. We were like "Tama na please. Sakit na ng paa namin!" but we'd go on because we were having fun!

It was an experience. One hell fun experience. But I don't think I'd do it all over again, maybe it's just me. I'd rather go to a random bar and dance and then go back to the hotel when I'm in Boracay again. Hehehe.

Leaving you with a feel good song - Sun Shy by Dresses - check it out, it's very good!

0 Comments: