30 May 2015

Of Dreams and having the courage to make them come true



Hello there!

I feel like I have been fueled after getting that much needed vacation. That's good, right?

I was feeling a little bit under the weather since April, so getting out of the vicious cycle of work and sleep and eat is really, really good for me.

Haven't been doing a lot though, but I am already planning things for the next months. One of those is creating more! Yes, I've been a bit rusty with my painting skills as I have not practiced consistently. Hopefully, with my motivation and enthusiasm, I'd be able to paint after office hours (goal is up to 3 hours practice) and by end of the year, I want to have that exhibit! Crossing my fingers for that, and I have to work hard as well.


Another one on the list is getting that kick start to finally getting that certification I have been dreaming of, but never had the courage to put effort on in the past years.

Looking back on my first job interview, I was asked how I see my self ten years from then. I answered that I have that title already. And that I am successful in my career, has a family, etc. None of it materialized. Yet. Maybe it is not time for me yet, but I am giving it a shot. I admit this lag was because I was afraid - of failure, and of the unknown - but, hey, life smacked me down and taught me that everything is unknown and I have the power to make everything possible.  I realized as well that fear of failure won't do any good to me, or to anyone for that matter; and it will be more frightening to look back someday and regret that I have not done anything!

I am sharing with you some of my works below:

One of my recent works - I have been practicing hand lettering using watercolors!

I was inspired by an illustration by Maita Ponce, so I made a similar one.

2014. This one is a copy of a notebook art, which I bought from National Book Store

Not really sure what this flower is, but I know it's a flower. Hehehe.

This girl is one of my favorites!

Hopefully I create more of these babies in the weeks to come so I have something to share.

Here is to the next half of the year, with dreams and hopes brimming!

0 Comments: