16 December 2025

An Unsent Goodbye

Dear K,

I’m writing this without expecting anything from you - not a response, not understanding, not forgiveness.

I’m sorry for the silence that hurt you. I understand now how absence can feel like disregard, even when it wasn’t meant that way.

At the same time, I want to honor the truth of where I was: overwhelmed, scared, and focused on surviving a season that took everything I had. I didn’t forget you. I just didn’t know how to hold everything at once.

When I reached out years later and heard nothing, I chose to respect that as your boundary. I let go, even though it hurt, because I cared enough not to force my way back into your life.

Our friendship mattered to me. The years, the trust, the memories -- they were real. And even though it didn’t last, it shaped me into someone more present, more careful, and more honest with the people I love now.

I release you from needing to understand me.
And I release myself from carrying this any longer.

I wish you well, always.

Goodbye.

0 Comments: