08 April 2020

Quarantine Day 25




It's Day 25. 

There has been a surge in confirmed cases since the last time I have updated here. It's 3,764 now for the Philippines, 84  Recoveries, and 177 Deaths. US has the most number of cases with 401,609, and Italy is still leading the death toll with 17k. 

No one knows when this pandemic ends. When the virus will be eliminated and if there will be vaccines. 

Day by day, a lot of health care workers catch the disease and die from it. 

Too much uncertainty right now, even with the WHO assuring us that they are on top of this, but the numbers keep on rising. Local government has released funds to aid those who's in need and to mobilize health care necessities to alleviate the issue. 

I hope everything gets better soon. 

****
Our OB check up was cancelled due to the quarantine, I'm still taking all the vitamins and eating a lot right now. Kai is also getting stronger by the day, I can feel his movements sharply now. Every day, I feel him move and this is a good sign. We are 32 weeks exactly now and I find comfort in knowing that he is growing steadily and hopefully healthy. My prayer is for a normal delivery and for Kai to be born healthy, without any complications. We have gone through so much during the 9 months he was in my womb, so I really want him to be fine when he's already here. I just don't want him to be stressed or anything since he's got all the stress I had, especially during the first trimester. 

I'm not sure how to go about the next consultation since the ECQ has been extended until the end of April. 

****
I've been busy with work lately - there are a lot of things to do and to streamline. I'm thankful I got this job and we are not affected by the pandemic (I'm in the healthcare industry now, doing financial stuff) and the people I worth with are all cool. Australian managers are nice, too. I tackled the Maternity Leave I will be taking by end of May/first week of June and was happy to know it's going to be a  paid leave! I'm blessed to have employers who treat us like this. My manager even wants me to get a health insurance even though I am covered under my husband's HMO. 

0 Comments: