We are almost there! We're 36 weeks and 3 days now, waiting for our Kai to decide to pop out of my tummy and into the world.
I had my lab tests and ultrasound yesterday, the baby is in position for birth and all his somatic and fetal activities are good per the sonographer. My issue is on my urinalysis results — found that there are protein and ketones in my urine, also blood in there. Internet search says it can be a result of chronic hypertension or diabetes, I really don't know which of them is my condition now, I guess I have to ask Doc Elaine. I'm scared I might have preeclampsia as it will put me at risk when I give birth, but I feel perfectly fine now except for some pain when I stand up from lying down or when I move abruptly (which I should not be doing). If it's gestational diabetes, I would feel relieved because it's going to go away once I give birth.
I just had a chat with my OB and Kai's weight is still low at the moment. I have to up the weight and eat 1 cup of rice per meal 3 to 5x a day (including snacks). I definitely need to up this since I've researched that low birth weight for babies may mean slow weight gain and low immune system once they are out of the womb. I don't want my son to go in and out of the hospital just because I wasn't able to take care of him when he was still in my tummy. I also need to drink plenty of water and hydrate myself always.
I feel confident that I can deliver via normal, but I am not sure if my body will cooperate — with my hypertension and sugar just there at the tipping point. I hope we can deliver at the lying in too, so that the costs will be way cheaper than in the hospital. I just hope I can deliver normally and at the lying in!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment